Again, sorry dad, you'd have loved this place but I didn't know it existed when you came to visit. The little specs of white down by the lake (in above pic) are cars, that's were we started off from....
The 2 lakes you see is the crater area, and you can drive to these points, then you have to get out and walk/scramble/gasp your way up to the 5,000m summit ridge (yes five thousand ...)

...yes I really am holding up the mountain! It was at this point that I realised that my legs and brain weren't working very well (yes, even more than usual!!) and that climbing the last 100m or so to the ridge just wasn't going to happen!

Of course all through this stomp Kevin smiled .....

There it is ....... !!

he wasn't even out of breath!!!!! I only started smiling when we heading back down the hill ....

I even made a snow angel, just for you mum!!!

This shows the path we took down from the top, but on the way up we took the scree to the boulders you can see close to the path.

Then, when we got back down to the bottom I thought the car and the scenery looked like a car advert - so I made Kevin take pics!! The ridge behind is the one we climbed. We ended the trip with a walk around the lake.

No comments:
Post a Comment